Cricket was one of the most streamed content in 2023: Amazon Fire TV Streaming Trends Report
Pathan, Jailer, Farzi, Drishyam 2, and Rocky Aur Rani were some of the most-watched movies
Comedy, thriller, and drama were some of the most popular genres of content watched by Fire TV users
Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chashma, Big Boss, Anupama, Ramayan, and CID were the most voice-searched Indian titles
One in every three Fire TV users enjoyed playing music through Amazon Music, Spotify and others music apps on Fire TV
Indians across 99% of the pin codes have purchased Fire TV Stick devices
Bengaluru, India, 30 January 2024: Indians spent more hours streaming cricket vs entertainment content during domestic and international cricket tournaments in 2023 as per Amazon Fire TV Streaming Trends Report. Published by Amazon, the annual edition of the report captures aggregated insights on how Indian viewers consumed content on their Fire TV devices in 2023. Data reveals that Maharashtra, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu streamed more hours of cricket than other states on Fire TV.
In 2023, Indian households spent around four hours per day streaming their favorite movies, shows, cricket matches, playing games, and listening to music, through Fire TV. A family in Delhi streamed 5.4 hours every day in 2023, the highest by any Indian household through Fire TV.
Favorites on Fire TV: Sports, Kids’ content, news, and TV shows
- Besides cricket, Fire TV users also enjoyed streaming F1 races. Viewership for F1 races witnessed a 50% increase from last year
- Kids’ related apps saw approximately 31% increase in monthly streaming hours per customer. Some of the popular apps include YouTube Kids, ChuChu TV, HappyKids and others
- Fire TV users also enjoyed playing music on their TV. Last year, one in every three users played music through Amazon Music, Spotify, and other music apps through Fire TV.
- Fire TV users made the most of free (ad-supported) streaming platforms. Apps such as YouTube, miniTV, MX Player, and others saw approximately 23% year-over-year increase in streaming hours
Users enjoy the convenience of Alexa’s universal voice search on Fire TV
- Approximately 80% of Fire TV users took Alexa’s help in searching and navigating through their favorite content across 12,000 apps, controlling their Alexa-enabled smart home appliances, setting reminders, etc.
- Comedy, thriller, and drama were some of the most popular genres of content watched by Fire TV users. Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chashma was the most voice-searched Indian title, followed by Big Boss, Anupama, Ramayan, and CID to name a few
- Parents of young kids used Alexa to search and play popular kids’ shows namely Cocomelon, Peppa Pig, and Chhota Bheem through Fire TV.
Indians across 99% of the pin codes have purchased Fire TV devices
- With thousands of positive reviews and a 4+ rating on Amazon.in, Fire TV Sticks have been bought by Indians across 99% of the pin codes of the country
From Kavaratti in Lakshadweep, Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar, Kamrup in Assam, Papum Pare in Arunachal Pradesh, to Purnia in Bihar – families enjoyed the streaming experience offered by Fire TV
Fire TV users enjoyed streaming Prime Video movies and originals
- Some of the most streamed movie on Prime Video were Pathan, Bawaal, Rocky aur Rani, Jailer, Drishyam 2, Pippa, and Mast Mein Rehne Ka
- Popular Prime Video original series streamed by Fire TV users were Farzi, Dahaad, Jubilee, and Made In heaven, to name a few
About Fire TV
Fire TV is the one-stop destination for all the streaming needs and brings together 12,000+ channels, apps, and Alexa skills for a flexible, easy-to-use, and personalized experience. It is built on the Fire OS and it converts your normal TV to a smart TV. It supports all the major OTT apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, JioCinema, ZEE5, Sony Liv, and much more. With Fire TV devices one can keep the whole family entertained. There’s a little something for everyone, be it kids, elders, movie buffs or sports fans. Kids have a whole range of content that can be accessed like Chu Chu TV, YouTube Kids, to name a few. Press and hold the voice/ Alexa button on the Fire TV remote and ask Alexa to find, launch and control content. Easily search and enjoy thousands of movies, TV shows, apps, and games. Alexa can also play music, control compatible- smart home appliances, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, and set alarms. Customers can choose from a range of devices such as Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, and Smart TVs with Fire TV built-in. For more information visit http://Amazon.in/firetv
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.aboutamazon.in and follow @AmazonNews_IN.