Amazon Small Business Day 2020 Brings Cheer for Sellers
- Small Business Day is part of Amazon’s efforts to help sellers accelerate business growth and close the year on a successful note
- Over 55,000 SMBs, artisans, weavers and women entrepreneurs from over 4,000 pin codes across the country received an order customer orders from over 19,000 pincodes
Bengaluru, 18 December, 2020: Amazon.in today announced that Small Business Day has seen the highest ever participation and biggest ever opening for its Small and Medium Business (SMBs) sellers.
On Small Business Day (SBD) that was held on December 12, 2020, over 55,000 SMBs, artisans, weavers and women entrepreneurs from over 4,000 pin codes across the country received an order. 63% of these sellers were from non-metro cities like Kullu (Himachal Pradesh), Kamrup (Assam), Malappuram (Kerala), and Chandrapur (Maharashtra). Close to 2,000 sellers received their highest ever single day sales on Small Business Day. Artisans and weavers who sell their unique handmade collection through Amazon Karigar sellers witnessed a growth of 2.1X* and women entrepreneurs from the Saheli program witnessed a growth of 4.5X*. Similarly, start-ups and brands under the Launchpad program grew by 1.7X*. Amazon Business sellers witnessed 1.2X growth over average day sales.
Customers from over 100 cities ordered on Amazon.in from local shops and neighbourhood stores in their cities. These local offline stores are part of the Local Shops on Amazon program. Some of the bestselling items included decorative lighting for Christmas, floral wall papers, showpieces and dinnerware, home décor. In Fashion, winter wear and accessories like mufflers, beanies and jackets were the most purchased products by customers from SMBs on Small Business Day.
Pranav Bhasin, Director, MSME & Selling Partner Experience, Amazon India said, “We remain committed to support our selling partners to sustain the growth momentum built over the past few months through various sale events and special initiatives. This Small Business Day, our customers purchased some of the most unique products offered by Indian SMBs. We are also delighted that customers from over 19,000 pincodes shopped for products that they need from their SMBs on Amazon.in.”
“I quit my corporate job to start Mint & Oak. What started as a small socks venture to add fun and colour to everyone's wardrobes, has grown by 10X during Small Business Day compared to our pre Diwali run-rate. We joined Saheli in July this year and have already seen a boost in our sale. A special thanks to Amazon for helping us plan generate customer demand for our products by organising Small Business Day.” said Purvi Modi Monga, CEO - Mint & Oak, Khar, Maharashtra.
Key highlights of Small Business Day:
- Over 55,000 SMBs from over 4,000 pincodes received an order from customers across India
- 63% of the sellers receiving an order were from non-metro cities like Kullu (Himachal Pradesh), Kamrup (Assam), Malappuram (Kerala), and Chandrapur (Maharashtra)
- Close to 2,000 sellers received their highest single day sales on Small Business Day
- Amazon Business sellers witnessed 1.2X growth over average day sales.
- Customers from over 100 cities placed an order through Local Shops sellers.
- Overall, Local shops saw a sales spike of 2X**
- Amazon Karigar sellers witnessed a growth of 2.1X*. Top Karigar sellers include Mrignayanee –Madhya Pradesh Government Emporium (6.5X), Craft Castle (4.8X), JH Brothers (2.2X), Interlife Gift Studio (3X) and Kadam Haat (1.7X). Top selling crafts include Maheshwari (3.3X), Woodcraft (4.8X) and Rajasthani Kathputli (3.7X)
- Women entrepreneurs from the Saheli program witnessed a growth of 4.5X*. Top categories include Apparel, Grocery, Home, and Toys.
- Start-ups and brands under the Launchpad program grew by 1.7X*. Launchpad witnessed spike in categories like Beauty (3.5X), Fashion (9.3X), Grocery & Gourmet foods (1.9X) and Home & Kitchen (9.8X). Top Launchpad brands getting a record number of orders during SBD’20 include Wingreens Farms, Yogabar, Bon Organik and ASGARD.
Amazon.in also celebrated All India Handicrafts Week between 8th to 14th December for it Karigar sellers. During this period, Karigar received orders from over 3200 pin codes. Apparel and home items were the most sought after products during the Handicrafts week.
The Amazon.in marketplace is operated by Amazon Seller Services Private Ltd, an affiliate of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN). Amazon.in seeks to build the most customer-centric online destination for customers to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving them more of what they want – vast selection, low prices, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient experience; and provide sellers with a world-class e-commerce marketplace.
For more information, visit www.amazon.in/aboutus
For news on Amazon, follow www.twitter.com/AmazonNews_IN
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
For more information contact: