Amazon Prime members in India gear up for Prime Day 2022 on July 23 & 24
Prime members get ready to Discover Joy with Great Deals, Savings, Blockbuster Entertainment, New Launches from Top Brands & Small and Medium Businesses, and More
- New Launches: Over 30,000 new product launches from over 400 top Indian & global brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Intel, boAt etc, and 2,000 new product launches from over 120 Small & Medium Businesses (SMBs) like XECH, Cos-IQ, Himalayan Origins, SpaceinCart, Mirakii, Karagiri, Nirvi Handicrafts across categories including electronics, fashion & grooming, jewellery, handmade products, and many more
- Unique Offers: Discover joy by shopping for unique offers and deals from hundreds of young brands from the Indian start-ups under Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Karigar, Amazon Saheli, and Local Shops on Amazon
- Unmatched Deals: Thousands of deals across TVs, Laptops, Smartphones, Fashion & Beauty, everyday essentials, and more
- Power of Smart Tech: Get the year’s best deals on Amazon Echo, Fire TV and Kindles devices this Prime Day. Get started on your smart home with up to 55% off on latest smart speakers, smart displays, and Fire TV products.
- Best of Entertainment:
- Prime Video announces an entertainment bonanza for Prime members, with an exciting line-up of highly anticipated Amazon Original series and popular movies across multiple languages this Prime Day. Along with blockbuster movies released recently such as Runway 34 (Hindi), Sarkaru Vaari Paata (Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam), and Samrat Prithviraj (Hindi, Tamil, Telugu), Prime members will be able to catch the latest Amazon Original action-thriller series starring Chris Pratt - The Terminal List (English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada), a new season of fan-favourite Comicstaan (Hindi), and the second Indian adaptation of the beloved global series Modern Love Hyderabad (Telugu). There’s more in store for Prime members with two more blockbuster movies that will be announced closer to Prime Day 2022. Also, as a special Prime Day offer, many of our partners will be offering up to 50% discount on add-on subscriptions through Prime Video Channels this Prime Day!
- Enjoy this year’s lineup from Amazon Music with the launch of 2 Marquee playlists in Hindi (Desi Vibes) and Telugu (Fully Tolly) featuring buzz-worthy and trending music. India's first Indic language marquee playlist starring artists like AR Rahman, Jubin Nautiyal, Ritviz and more headlining from Bollywood, Indian Pop and independent pop scene in Hindi music
- Save Big: Save Big with 10% savings on payment using ICICI Bank credit/debit cards, SBI credit cards and EMI transactions on ICICI Bank credit/debit cards and SBI credit card
Bengaluru, July 06, 2022: To help Prime members in India ‘Discover Joy’, Amazon is here again with its annual Prime Day! Two days of great deals, savings, blockbuster entertainment, new launches, and much more kicks off July 23, 2022, at 12:00 AM and runs through July 24, 2022. It’s time to sit back, relax, and enjoy all the blockbuster entertainment and shop to your heart’s content because Amazon will offer its Prime members the best deals and savings across categories. From Smartphones, Consumer Electronics, TVs, Appliances, Fashion & Beauty, Groceries, Amazon Devices, Home & Kitchen, Furniture to everyday essentials, and more, Prime members can enjoy new launches, never-heard-before deals, and the best entertainment benefits.
Commenting on the occasion, Akshay Sahi, Director - Prime and Delivery Experience, Amazon India said: “Our sixth Prime Day in India is bigger, better, and packed with unmatched shopping and entertainment experience for all our Prime members. We are humbled with the fabulous response and strong support of our existing Prime members till date, and I am confident that they will discover joy across exciting deals, new launches, and blockbuster entertainment during this Prime day. It has been our constant effort to bring value and convenience to our customers and we also see this as an opportunity to serve and welcome new customers to our Prime family.”
This Prime Day, Amazon will continue to support Small and Medium Business (SMBs) and help generate customer demand for products offered by lakhs of sellers, manufacturers, start-ups and brands, women entrepreneurs, artisans, weavers, and local shops. During the event, Prime members will have the opportunity to discover deals on unique products across categories including beauty, fashion, electronics, and home décor from sellers under various programs such as such as Local Shops on Amazon, Launchpad, Saheli, and Karigar. During the lead-up to Prime Day, starting July 7, 12:00 AM till July 22, 23:59 PM, members can shop from millions of unique products offered by SMBs and avail incredible offers such as 10% cashback up to INR 100* that can be redeemed on their Prime Day purchases and more.
Prime Day 2021 marked the largest number of Small Medium Businesses (SMBs) selling on Amazon.in ever, as there was an overwhelming response from Prime members. Customers shopped from over 126,000 sellers including artisans, weavers, women entrepreneurs, start-ups and brands, local offline neighbourhood stores including sellers from Tier 2-3-4 cities like Barnala (Punjab), Champhai (Mizoram), Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu), Guntur (Andhra Pradesh), Valsad (Gujarat), Shajapur (Madhya Pradesh). 31,230 sellers saw their highest ever single day sales and nearly 25% more sellers’ grossed sales over INR 1 crore. Prime Day ’21 also marked the highest viewership for Prime Video and highest number of listeners for Prime Music. Prime members enjoyed the best of what Prime Day ‘21 offered with the unique SMB selection, new launches, great savings, and engagement with various Prime benefits.
Prime is enjoyed by more than 200 million Prime members in 25 countries including India. Not a member yet? Join Prime for INR 1,499/year or INR 179 for one month at amazon.in/prime to enjoy Prime benefits such as free and fast delivery, unlimited video, ad-free music, exclusive deals, free in-game content on popular mobile games, and more. Additionally, 18-24-year-old customers can also avail the Youth offer and get 50% off on their Prime membership by simply verifying their age on Amazon after signing up for Prime.
- 48 hours of exclusive shopping and saving - Starting 12:00 AM on July 23 until 11:59 PM on July 24
- New Launches:
- Over 30,000 new product launches from over 400 top brands from top Indian & global brands such as Samsung, Xiaomi, boAt, Intel, Lenovo, Sony, Bajaj, Eureka Forbes, Puma, Adidas, USPA, Max, Asics, Fastrack, Tresemme, Mamaearth, Surf Excel, Dabur, Colgate, Whirlpool, IFB and more available in India - first to Prime members
- Explore over 2,000 new product launches from over 120 Small & Medium Businesses (SMBs) across categories including electronics from XECH, beauty products from Cos-IQ and Himalayan Origins, Home products from SpaceinCart, Kitchen picks from Mirakii, Handloom sarees from Karagiri, handcrafted décor from Nirvi Handicrafts, and many more
- Unique Offers: Shop from emerging brands from Amazon Launchpad, artisans and women entrepreneurs from Amazon Karigar and Amazon Saheli, as well as neighbourhood stores from Local Shops on Amazon and lakhs of other SMB sellers from all over India offering thousands of new products across categories including luggage from Arctic Fox, kitchen products from Solara, Bengal Handloom Sarees from TJ Sarees, dry fruits from Sindhi Dry fruits, Jewellery from Nemichand Jewels, home improvement from Satpurush and House of Vipa among many more
- Best Deals: Unmatched deals across smartphones, consumer electronics, appliances, TVs, kitchen, daily essentials, toys, fashion, beauty, and more
- Power of Smart Tech:
- Get the year’s best deals on Amazon Echo, Fire TV and Kindles devices this Prime Day. The latest smart speakers, smart displays and Fire TV products will be on sale with up to 55% off
- This Prime Day, get started on your smart home with best prices on smart home combos with Echo and Alexa compatible bulbs, plugs, TVs, ACs, and much more
- Enjoy an amazing smart TV experience with great deals on Amazon Basics Fire TV Edition TVs this Prime Day
- Get great deals on Alexa built-in smartphones, smartwatches, TVs, speakers and more this Prime Day
- Just Ask “Alexa, what is Prime Day?” – Get all the details about Prime Day – explore deals on top brands, small and medium businesses and new launches, Amazon Prime Video & Prime Music releases and more by just asking Alexa on your Echo device, other Alexa enabled devices or the Amazon shopping app*
*Android only. Tap the mic icon on the top right section of the app to try
- Save Big on your Prime Day Purchase:
- During the 14-day lead-up to Prime Day, starting July 7, 12:00 AM till July 22, 23:59 PM, members can shop from millions of unique products offered by SMBs and avail offers such as 10% cashback up to INR 100* that can be redeemed on their Prime Day purchases and more
- Make Prime Day more rewarding with Amazon Pay:
- Enjoy secure, fast payments and rewards with Amazon Pay. Pay bills, recharge, send money and more to get rewards of up toINR 2,500 (until Prime Day)
- Primemembers can enjoy unlimited 5% cashback on Prime Day purchases with the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card. Sign up for the card now and enjoy the best-ever welcome offer of INR 2,200 in rewards
Entertainment and More
Prime members can begin celebrating Prime Day early with exclusive blockbuster entertainment launches from Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music and Prime Reading.
- Binge watch with Prime Video:
- Prime Day celebrations start early with popular movies across languages like Sarkaru Vaari Patta (Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam), Runway 34 (Hindi), Samrat Prithviraj (Hindi, Tamil, Telugu) that have recently released on Prime Video. The entertainment doesn’t stop with these as Prime Video will also release two Indian Amazon Original series – Modern Love Hyderabad (Telugu), the second Indian version of the beloved global series on 7th July and Comicstaan Season 3 (Hindi), a brand-new season of the fan-favourite comedy franchise on 15th July
- The lead up to Prime Day also includes the blockbuster international action-thriller Amazon Original series, The Terminal List (English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada) starring Chris Pratt
- As a special surprise for Prime members, two additional highly anticipated titles will be announced closer to Prime Day
- In addition to this, for the first time ever, Prime members can avail up to 50% discounts when purchasing most add-on subscriptions from amongst the 12 popular video streaming services available on Prime Video Channels. With Prime Video Channels, Prime members can access thousands of additional titles, experience no hassle login and billing while enjoying all Prime Video features like IMDb’s X-Ray, a single watchlist and download library for offline viewing, across 12 OTT services, including AMC+, Acorn TV, hayu, discovery+, Lionsgate Play, Eros Now, Docubay, MUBI, hoichoi, Manorama Max, Shorts TV and Nammaflix
- Discover more with Amazon Music:
- From pure discovery to celebrating the legends, enjoy this year’s lineup from Amazon Music India with a variety and spectrum that would appeal to music enthusiasts across age. 2 Marquee playlists in Hindi (Desi Vibes) and Telugu (Fully Tolly) featuring new, buzz-worthy and trending music will be launched
- India's first Indic language marquee playlist will star popular artists like AR Rahman, Jubin Nautiyal, Ritviz and more headlining from Bollywood, Indian Pop and independent pop scene in Hindi music
- Fresh Indie is a multi-language playlist that is a one-stop destination designed to feature new independent music and emerging artists
- Read 18 bestselling eBooks for free on Prime Reading across fiction, history, investing, philosophy and children's books, including the bestseller "One Indian Girl" by Chetan Bhagat, "Think Straight: Change your thoughts, change your life", "Chanakya in the Classroom", "Irrfan Khan: The Man, The Dreamer, The Star" and many more
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime is designed to make your life better every single day. Prime offers the best of shopping and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In India, this includes unlimited free shipping, unlimited access to award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime Video, unlimited access to more than 90 million songs, ad-free and millions of podcast episodes with Prime Music, a free rotating selection of more than 3,000 books, magazines and comics with Prime Reading, access to free in-game content and benefits with Gaming with Prime, new product launches, early access to Lightning Deals and more. Go to www.amazon.in/prime to learn more about Prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.in/aboutus
For news on Amazon, follow www.twitter.com/AmazonNews_IN
For more information, please contact:
7439253467 / 8447776880