Amazon announces Great Indian Festival 2021
The Great Indian Festival (GIF) starts from October 3; Prime members to get early access; Over 75,000 local shops to participate
- Shop from lakhs of sellers and tens and thousands of local shops: The Great Indian Festival (GIF) celebrates 8.5 lakh+ sellers, offering crores of products to customers on Amazon.in, including unique products from Indian SMBs and local shops.
- Launches across categories: Enjoy over 1,000 new product launches and exciting offers across categories including Grocery, Fashion & Beauty, Smartphones, Large appliances & TVs, Consumer Electronics and more.
- Shop in your preferred language: Customers can shop in languages of their choice including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada and the newly launched Bangla and Marathi.
- Voice Shopping in Hindi: Customers can also shop using their voice in Hindi in addition to English with voice shopping powered by Alexa
- Amazon Pay makes the Great Indian Festival more fun and rewarding: Customers save up to Rs.5,000 during the GIF by making daily payments like sending money, paying bills, booking tickets and more to unlock exciting shopping rewards that can be redeemed during the event.
- Exciting offers from leading partner banks such as HDFC Bank; 10% Instant Discount on HDFC Bank Credit & Debit Cards & EMI Transactions, no cost EMI on Debit & Credit cards, & Amazon Pay Later and exciting offers from other leading Credit/Debit Cards and lot more.
- Great Savings for MSMEs: MSME buyers can save big on their business purchases with GST invoice, bulk discounts, and exclusive deals on a wide range of the commercial selection on Amazon Business.
- Lowest prices on Amazon Devices: Get the lowest prices of the year on Echo, Fire TV, and Kindle range of devices. Make your home smarter by availing great deals on Alexa smart home combos.
- Launch of Prime Video Channels in India: With the launch of Prime Video Channels in India, Prime members will have a seamless experience and access to a distinctive slate of content from a diverse set of popular video streaming services; it will give Prime members the option for add-on subscriptions of popular OTT services and stream their content on the Amazon Prime Video app and website in India.
Bengaluru, September 24, 2021: Amazon.in’s festive event, ‘The Great Indian Festival’ (GIF) 2021 will start from October 3, 2021. Continuing its commitment to support Small Medium Business (SMBs), Amazon GIF 2021 is dedicated to lakhs of small sellers including over 75,000 local shops from 450 cities, offering their unique selection of products to customers across the country. GIF 2021 will also showcase products from Amazon sellers under various other programs such as Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Saheli, Amazon Karigar, as well as top Indian and global brands across categories.
As per a recent study commissioned by Amazon India and conducted by Nielsen, sellers on Amazon.in are optimistic about this festive season and 98% of the surveyed sellers said that technology adoption and ecommerce have positively impacted their business. More than 78% of the surveyed Amazon sellers expect to reach out to new customers, 71% mentioned an increase in their sales and 71% mentioned a recovery in their business as their top expectations from the festive season.
The Great Indian Festival would include over 1,000 new product launches from top brands such as Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Sony, Apple, Boat, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Fossil, Levi’s, BIBA, Allen Solly, Adidas, American Tourister, Prestige, Eureka Forbes, Bosch, Pigeon, Bajaj, Big muscles, Lakme, Maybelline, Forest Essentials, The Body Shop, WOW, Nivea, Dabur, P&G, Tata Tea, Huggies, Pedigree , Sony PS5, Microsoft Xbox, Hasbro, Funskool, Philips, Vega and more.
Commenting on the announcement Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Amazon India said, “This year’s Great Indian Festival is a celebration of the resilience of local shops and small and medium sellers. We are humbled by their spirit and delighted with the opportunity to partner and enable their growth, especially in view of recent challenges owing to the pandemic. We continue to innovate on behalf of our customers to offer the widest selection, value and convenience, ensuring fast delivery of their #KhushiyonKeDibbe, to get them ready for the festive season from the comfort and safety of their homes.”
A Sneak Peek into the Great Indian Festival on Amazon.in
Shopping Made Rewarding, Trusted, Convenient with Amazon Pay: Customers can look forward to a wide range of affordable options with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card to enjoy 5% reward points with Rs.750 as joining bonus, signing up for Amazon Pay Later to get a flat Rs.150 back along with instant credit up to Rs.60,000, rewards worth Rs. 1000 back for customers who use Rs.1000 gift cards, rewards worth Rs. 200 by adding money to the Amazon Pay balance, and 10% cashback up to Rs.100 on shopping when using Amazon Pay UPI.
|More ways to shop, pay bills and discover deals with voice||One Stop Shop for all occasions||More reasons to gift|
|Customers can use the ‘Speak to Shop’ feature on the Amazon shopping app or just ask Alexa on their Amazon Shopping app (Android only) as well, to pay utility bills, load money in Amazon Pay, or navigate to the Small Business Store or the Fun Zone.||Customers can shop for products they need for various festivities like Navratri and Durga Pujo and Dhanteras with specialized stores that will showcase specially curated products for these festivals.||Customers can send gifts to their loved ones from the Gifting Store, gift wrap products and include personalized messages. Customers can also choose from digital gifts including Prime subscriptions, Amazon Pay gift cards or transfer money via UPI.|
Bulk Discounts and Great Deals with GST Invoice for Business Buyers on Amazon Business: Amazon Business customers in India will be able to avail exclusive offers, bulk discounts, lower festive price offers, cashbacks, rewards and more, for their regular business buying or corporate gifting for clients or employees. Customers will save 28% more with GST invoice on all transactions across categories like laptops, printers, networking devices, office electronics, vacuum cleaners etc. from top brands like HP, Lenovo, Canon, Godrej, Casio, Eureka Forbes and more.
Gala Entertainment For Customers with Prime Video and Mini TV:
Prime Video: During this festive season, Amazon Prime Video is geared to treat its viewers to a power packed and incredible assortment of titles. The upcoming content includes titles such as Sardar Udham featuring Vicky Kaushal in the titular role, Dybukk, a supernatural horror film featuring Emraan Hashmi, Bhramam starring Prithviraj Sukumaran in the lead, Udanpirappe a Tamil family drama with Jyothika and Sasikumar in the lead and Suriya starrer murder mystery Jai Bhim, Season 2 of hit Amazon Original comedy series One Mic Stand and international titles such as Justin Bieber: Our World, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Maradona: Blessed Dream and The Green Knight.
mini TV: With Amazon Great Indian Festival, Amazon miniTV is all set to entertain viewers with exciting new launches, with no paid subscription required! Get ready to LOL with India’s top comedians that includes Ashish Chanchlani, Rahul Subramanian, Be Younik, Prajakta Koli, Akash Gupta, Aishwarya Mohanraj, Elvish Yadav, Biswa Kalyan Rath and more! Viewers will also see new exclusive seasons of popular web series like Roomies (Season 2 and 3) and Adulting (Season 3) and short films Shimmy, Gupt Gyaan and Clean from top production houses. Customers can view new smartphone or gadget unboxing and review videos from India’s top tech experts - Rajiv Makhni and Trakin’ Tech to help get ready for this big shopping festival!
A Glimpse of Festive Preparedness at Amazon: To ensure safe, fast, and reliable deliveries, and to serve customer demand during Great Indian Festival, Amazon India has created more than 110,000 seasonal job opportunities across its operations network. The company has expanded its fulfilment network by increasing its storage capacity by 40% with more than 60 fulfilment centers in 15 states offering a 43 million cubic feet to its sellers. It also ramped up its delivery infrastructure and has close to 1,700 Amazon owned and partner delivery stations, close to 28,000 ‘I Have Space’ partners and thousands of Amazon Flex delivery partners to serve customers in the farthest parts of the country.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Amazon strives to be Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, Earth’s Best Employer, and Earth’s Safest Place to Work. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Career Choice, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Alexa, Just Walk Out technology, Amazon Studios, and The Climate Pledge are some of the things pioneered by Amazon.
For more information, visit www.amazon.in/aboutus
For news on Amazon, follow www.twitter.com/AmazonNews_IN
Click here to check out exciting deals and offers during the Amazon Great Indian Festival. Get latest news and updates on Amazon’s Great Indian Festival Blog. For press releases, images and more, please visit our Press Centre.
Disclaimer: The product details, description and pricing are as provided by the sellers. Amazon is not involved in pricing or describing the products and is not responsible for accuracy of product information provided by the sellers. The deals and discounts are provided by sellers and/or brands to the total exclusion of Amazon. Product descriptions, features and deals are provided by sellers and reproduced as-is.
‘Amazon.in is an online marketplace and the word store refers to a storefront with selection offered by sellers.’
For more information, please contact:
+ 91 9899965560